Codeplex is Microsoft’s open source project hosting web site. It is basically a hosted version of Team Foundation Server which allows project collaboration, providing source control and work item tracking. Full version of Team Foundation Server supports a lot more functionality, such as project communication, product builds, tools integration etc.
Team Foundation system is explained in the following documents:
- Visual Studio Team System: Team Foundation, including:
- Team Foundation Overview;
- Team Foundation Source Control, including:
- Team Foundation Source Control Walkthroughs.
- PR Newswire: Microsoft Launches CodePlex, a New Collaborative Development Portal
- CRN: Microsoft Invites More Projects Into Shared-Source CodePlex
- TheServerside.Net:A Microsoft Way of Sharing
I see a lot of projects hosted on Codeplex, but unfortunately I’m not that knowledgeable in modern Microsoft developement landscape, so I have to ask: which especially higher-profile projects are there? What is the general consensus amongst .Net crowd about the Codeplex, and the Team Foundation particularly?